Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Books (care) and a few additions for your Daily living



I have my book favorites upon whom I lavish the richest gifts of my attention..I reserve for them  a special place in the worn case nearest my person where all Have to do is lift my arm and hardly even have to look where I place my hand it been there so much it can find it's way without the use of my eyes--they I can summon them to beguile my moods--other books are in order that I might need them to help feelings that I might need to call on and bring forth to get me in a mood or out of a mood...

I got started collecting Dog books and some on other animals but mainly dogs--I watch them and learn from what they do--I say that but there's always a dog that comes along--and you can't quite figure where he came from--a boxer- is one-- that entered my life --when I say entered --they show up one way or another--kids can't take care of them anymore--dump it on old pop-- you know how he sits out there looking at those dogs-- one more want make any difference--you see how he feeds them-- he cooks for them--I saw him fixing a steak the other  day when I dropped by --I thought to myself-- hell he's eating good a steak in the middle of the day for lunch--great--but as I stood there and watched him --he started cutting it up in small portions--I talking a T-Bone or maybe even a Porterhouse Steak here--so I didn't say anything and he goes out and gets something-- regular dog food to mix with it--that's when I say-- what are you doing--and he says feeding the dogs--well I wasn't about to get into that--you know how he can get sometimes--well as I say I'm collecting these dog books mainly because if something goes wrong with them I use the books to help find answers--the book below Teach Your Dog To Behave--for example--you see those teeth marks--I gave it to my father to give him something to do --I thought--and he looks at me and says I don't want the to behave--I like them the way they are--they're teaching me things--well--we were sitting outside the garage--where he keeps most of his books-- he calls it-- the Poolroom and Library--he's got an old blue rocking chair out there he sits in and pets the dogs ,talks to the dogs, and messes with them--fondling them ,poking, calling each one at a time--telling them stuff--like-- how green the trees are getting--hey you guys--did you noticed the Viburnums in bloom--any way he's sitting there doing these things the boxer comes over and chews the cover on the book I had just bought-for him to use on them--I grab it and he looked at me-- him and that boxer--I went on in the library and placed on his pile that was to be shelved and didn't say any more about--but I did happen to go back not long ago and went in the pool room --I knew--then-- he'd been and looked it over-- because he'd shelved it-- and there isn't anything in that Library-- if it's shelved he read it--

Most of the books I have --I read all but some I go back to--to see if I missed something sort of hoping I could go back and maybe clear up something that was hanging around in my mind--maybe it was a mistake to think that because I do take the time to go back and find it out--and the book is a complete flop as far as what I was thinking--but now occasionally I was correct and the pleasure I get from maintaining the idea and carrying it through--hey words cannot convey--sorry--you'll have to find it in yourself to settle on something try it out and I guarantee you'll start speeding along on your on run way--one you build one step at a time--and first of all you'll realize you've slowed your life's pace down to where you don't get stressed out--and time becomes a friend again---



All the living you care to do can be limited and added to by selecting and keeping-- you want to do in your mind's eye--sort of a diary for the day --whatever you'll need will have to be planned for--so you can take the necessary items to help you do what you want to do-- don't get way "laid" doing your thing is much more important and I hate to use this word but you become much more "productive" as a human if you stay on course--letting others take you away from being you--like having a beer,having a quickie,saps energy--pulls you out of yourself and what may I ask is wrong with being yourself in your own made up day--stay the course--feel better--and maintain a strong back bone...


Don't ruin a new book--by violently forcing the covers back .There's an art to opening a new book, and this is what I do: place the book on a level surface, back down. Let one cover, and then the other, fall to a horizontal position while you still hold the leaves upright. Then release a few pages at a time from alternating sides. Firmly , but gently, press the fallen pages with your thumb along full length of the inner margin. Continue until you reach the center of book and all pages are down. Now you have a book that has been properly prepared and will lie flat.

Got a good many books sitting in front of me that I went out and found and as of now have just had the time to sit down and start looking over----got a few new magazine to go with them--the magazines themselves aren't new or of this date--they are just new to my place--got some Nature Magazines--dating all the way back to the 1930's and some "The Countryman" Magazines from England

these are not all the same dates--got a lot that are other earlier dates..but the stories are great--and I want to read them all...and winter is coming up so I ought to have a good chance...

No comments:

Post a Comment